Albertus Magnus College is committed to providing an education that enables students to pursue the truth in all of its dimensions and is practical in its application. To continue to realize this mission, which is grounded in the Dominican values of study, community, service and spirituality, the College will focus on the following strategic initiatives:
Commit to the Development of In-Demand and High-Impact Academic Programs
Prepare students to succeed personally and professionally through the development of academic programs in high-demand fields supported by a foundation in the liberal arts.
- Invest in specified academic programs that will become signature programs for the College and develop these programs according to best practices and educational standards in applicable fields. New programs and those currently in development include:
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice (includes a concentration in Cyber Security)
- Bachelor and Master of Science in Accounting
- A Program in Early Childhood Education
- Programs in Digital Media and Digital Humanities
- A Program in Health Care Management
- Continue the audit of current academic programs to identify those that meet student interests and labor force needs; eliminate or redesign low-enrolled programs that are not in high-demand areas unless they effectively contribute to the realization of the College's mission.
Implement Innovative and Distinctive Delivery of Academic Services
Enhance student access and success through effective uses of technology, the development of flexibly delivered academic programs, and the implementation of high-impact practices.
- Implement online and blended programs that promote accessibility, flexibility, and student learning.
- Deliver academic programs in flexible modalities that combine meaningful synchronous and asynchronous learning.
- Optimize the use of high-impact practices and opportunities for experiential learning across programs through the Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence to enable students to realize the established outcomes of the College's core liberal arts general education program and to enhance their preparedness for careers in their chosen fields.
Enhance our Capacity for Technological Innovation and Human Creativity
Develop a multi-use Digital Media and Creative Arts Education Center to expand the College's capacity to provide academic programs that leverage advances in digital technologies.
- Repurpose and revitalize pertinent physical facilities on the lower campus to meet the changing needs of students and faculty.
- Marshal information technology resources to enable students to participate more fully in campus activities and events.
- Develop the infrastructure to support Albertus as a destination campus.
Promote Strong Athletic Programs
Strengthen enrollment, retention and college community spirit through the expansion and enhancement of athletic programs.
- Leverage athletic programs to enhance campus life; use the College's sports to promote student engagement and foster community.
- Expand on success of Division Three athletic teams to provide an environment supportive of student-athletes.
- Promote the Mary Benevento Endowed Fund for Athletics to grow endowment and support special projects for the Athletics Department
Celebrate our Inclusive and Diverse Community
Promote a diverse, inclusive learning environment by recruiting and retaining students, faculty and staff who reflect the demographic changes in our society.
- Develop dynamic models of enrollment management to support the academic programs that best fit the mission of the College and the fiscal realities of the Connecticut economy. Current initiatives focus on:
- Community college transfers
- Attend to the changing demographics in academic and student life programming; expand and prioritize co-curricular programming that prepares students for meaningful careers, fosters their capacity to thrive in a diverse environment, and develops their skills for participating productively in civic life.
- Cultivate and promote a campus culture grounded in the Dominican values of study, prayer, community and service.
- Promote the accomplishments and community activities by students, faculty, staff and alumni to make Albertus more visible throughout Connecticut.